Keeping up with the ministry of Lee & Dana Trotter in the Prescott neighborhood in urban Kansas City, Kansas.

Saturday, June 19, 2010

To early for this...

OK, So my phone goes off at a little past 4:00 in the morning.  Smoke alarms are going off in Cabin 16.  Why do these things only malfunction in the middle of the night.  Maybe there needs to be a "low fuel" light option or something so you can change the battery before you go to bed.  Anyway, after changing some of the batteries and getting back to bed at about 5:00, I couldn't get back to sleep.

I hate it when my body wants to sleep but my brain will have nothing to do with it.  I was thinking about our new ministry and to be quite honest, being a little anxious.

On one hand,  Dana and I could not not be any more excited about moving into this urban area and developing ministry to youth, young families, homeless youth, and anyone in the neighborhood.  I have tons of ideas flying around in my head about Bible studies, urban mission trips, study help groups, tutoring, work skill development, youth activities ....

Then I realized that this transition is only 8 weeks away!  There is a lot to do in that short time while still working over 12 hours a day trying to keep this camp running.  We have to get our house closed, repair the plumbing, electricity, and HVAC just so we can move in.  Then we will start renovating.  We have to get our financial support figured out.  We are working with Desperation Church on this, but haven't finalized it all.  We need to figure how out health insurance, taxes, and how we will get the funds we need.  We will need to raise more support.  We will need to raise the part of my support that comes from Youthfront that I will loose when I leave plus our support has fallen this summer.  This will be my 4th career change that my income will be lower.

Sorry to rant but this is going to be a wild ride.  Every day, I am more excited and think of new opportunities to share God's love to my new mission field!

In our morning Bible study, we read this verse in Galatians 2 and I was encouraged by Paul's response, "...the only additional thing that they asked was that we remember the poor, and I was already eager to do that."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be the Change.