Keeping up with the ministry of Lee & Dana Trotter in the Prescott neighborhood in urban Kansas City, Kansas.

Monday, September 27, 2010

Moving in this week (I think)

We plan to move in to our house this Thursday.  We got our electricity on.  I still have some demons to track down and fix, but some of the lights work, the microwave and the fridge are working, and the toilets flush.  We are still waiting on the gas meter.  We have to go through the whole safety inspection and permit game like the other utilities.  Cold showers and no heat for now.  I think I will buy a few space heaters at Walmart (hey, if they weren't good enough for spacemen, they wouldn't call them space heaters and it's cold in space).

Well tomorrow I'm tracking down some knob and tube wiring that is still mysteriously energized.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be the Change.