Keeping up with the ministry of Lee & Dana Trotter in the Prescott neighborhood in urban Kansas City, Kansas.

Friday, September 3, 2010

Normal Day...

So, yesterday afternoon, I was out if front of my house working on a car and this man walks by and says, "Looks like a lot of work." (or something like that, I left out some adjectives) I replied and he stopped to talk. Les is homeless, looking for work. Yesterday he didn't find work, so he found a few too many beers. Anyway, we talked for about an hour. He told me about his life and struggles. He told me about growing up in church. I encouraged him to try to get into a pattern of not drinking so much, putting his faith in God, etc. Anyway, he decided he would help me work on the car. Not much help. Later, I drove him to a friend's house across town and told him I'd be praying for him to stay straight and find work. I'm sure this is only one of many interruptions in my day. Pray for Les.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be the Change.