Keeping up with the ministry of Lee & Dana Trotter in the Prescott neighborhood in urban Kansas City, Kansas.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Ouch -> Opportunity

So yesterday after a great weekend, I was working on installing some recessed can light in our kitchen.  I hit my thumb with my hammer. I haven't done this in a while and forgot how much it hurts.  Noted, don't do that again. Maybe using nail guns is safer.  Anyway.  I quit working a little earlier and decided to ride my bike around the block to somehow relieve some of the pain.  Biking always helps.  I stopped up the street to say hi to Kenny and met a family from Bosnia that is living in the same house.  They have 2 kids, one is autistic, and can't find work.  Then I rode home and had to jump my bike off of the curb; just had to because it was there.  A neighborhood kid saw me and said something.  I stopped to say hi and met Eric.  He likes bikes too.

This all reminded me that to be a part of a neighborhood, the best way is to be out in the neighborhood.  This brief series of events was encouraging.  We will have many opportunities to share God's love.

Youth Group tonight, Bike Club tomorrow.   Now back to wiring my house so I can get out in the neighborhood more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be the Change.