Keeping up with the ministry of Lee & Dana Trotter in the Prescott neighborhood in urban Kansas City, Kansas.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Can't catch a break!

I can't catch a break. Not as in luck in hard times, but a break, a moment to rest, some time to relax.  Last evening was one of those times.  I was gone all day being out in the sun and Dana was tutoring a neighbor, so I thought I'd relax and watch a soccer game.  Then it started.  Knock, knock, knock, ... hit pause.  A youth named Eric and his uncle show up at the door and ask if he could mow my lawn for $10.  He had never mowed a lawn before and wanted to learn. How could I say no, right?  Anyway,  I spend some time showing him how to use my motor-less mower.  About then, Christopher and Jeffery show up to inquire about a bicycle.  After getting the chain fixed and training wheels removed, I went back to my game.  Eric finished the lawn.  Then back to the game.  Then Carlos showed up with a bike that he had broken.  He stayed to chat for a bit.  He asked me if I could teach him to drive so he could get his license.  OK.

Actually, the soccer game was fairly uneventful, ending in a nil-nil tie.  Especially compared to loving my neighbors!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be the Change.