Keeping up with the ministry of Lee & Dana Trotter in the Prescott neighborhood in urban Kansas City, Kansas.

Monday, January 25, 2010

NFL Today

Are you kidding me?  I turned on the TV to watch the game yesterday.  I usually only watch the 4th quarter of a game, but thought since it was the playoffs, I'd take in a whole game.  "NFL Today" was on.  I found it humorous that it was a bunch of retired football players analyzing and predicting how the game was going to go.  Why does it matter?  Does anyone really care?  Isn't it the team who scores the most who wins?  Do I need to watch the game if they have so eloquently told me what I was about to see?

Then I thought about us and the church.  We do the same thing.  We talk about how we are going to change the world, share Jesus, feed the poor, and follow Jesus example.  Instead of "NFL Today", our gatherings are more like "Jesus Today."  It's great to talk about our strategy and game plan.  But in the end, the only thing that matters is the real game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be the Change.