Keeping up with the ministry of Lee & Dana Trotter in the Prescott neighborhood in urban Kansas City, Kansas.

Saturday, January 2, 2010

This happens every year.  I look forward to taking a few weeks off.  Of couse, I have high expectations for my time off.  With all this time, I surely will get a lot done.  For the second time this year, we cancelled our vacation, so I had nothing on my calendar at all.  I have definitely crossed thing off of my list, but I am so antsy that I think it has affected my ability to attack all of the projects that stare me in the face daily.  Maybe I'm just stir crazy from the cold weather and all of the snow.  Yeah, good answer.  No, not really.  I think the real reason is that I am unsettled in my spirit.  Everything I read or hear or watch makes this worse.  There is a world that needs God's love! That's it! I want to do something more about it.  I will do something more about it.  Maybe that's my New Year's resolution; no, it's just what God is stirring up within me.

This is what the LORD Almighty says: "Administer true justice; show mercy and compassion to one another. Do not oppress the widow or the fatherless, the alien or the poor. In your hearts do not think evil of each other."       Zecheriah 7:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be the Change.