Keeping up with the ministry of Lee & Dana Trotter in the Prescott neighborhood in urban Kansas City, Kansas.

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Waiting....

I'm not a big fan of waiting.  I suspect you are not real fond of waiting either.  It has a lot to do with our culture.  We are programmed to (and are expected to) get things done expediently.  I hate it when someone says, "I just got your email," when you know it's been read for days.  We have Instant Messenger, instant oatmeal, instant coffee (dumb idea), and a "Buy It Now" button because we can't wait for the eBay auction to end.  The TV station has "Instant Traffic."  That's quite the oxymoron. I always seem to pick the line at the store where someone has to write a check or get a price check or send the cashier to the back for a carton of cigarettes or has a pile of coupons or...


Don't get me wrong. There are times that require a quick response.  It is good to see the world's quick response to help Haiti.  I'm sitting here on a quiet Saturday morning asking for answers and directions from God.  Can I hear back soon. Let's say by noon? Please?  Then I was reminded of how often "wait" or waiting" comes up in the Bible.  Abraham, Jacob, Joseph, Moses, and just about everyone else had to wait on God, wait for answers, wait for direction.


As I sit here impatiently considering things, I am reminded of God's promises for us if we wait.  God's clock is not like ours.


God, please forgive my impatience and help me to not demand instant answers, but eagerly await Your direction.

"But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently."  Romans 8:25  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Be the Change.